Coronavirus response measures: Changes to Library services
To comply with the government’s directive to arrest the spread of Covid-19 and to support the delivery of teaching and assessment in online formats, the Library is making these changes:
- All Library study spaces are closed and physical collections cannot be accessed.
- All Library fines have been wiped and no new fines added.
- All current recalls have been cancelled and no books or items can now be recalled from other borrowers.
- Any items out on loan do not need to be returned, due dates will be changed automatically for you.
- If you have previously returned books but can still see them on your Library account, do not worry about this, they will be removed at a later date.
- In consultation with Schools, the Library is working to make as many resources as possible available online through reading lists.
- You can quickly and easily search eresources from Library search – the tick box is checked automatically so you will only see online material.
- There will be no restrictions on requests for online material through Inter Library loans, but no physical items will be available to borrow through this service. Although these requests may become more difficult to source, the Library will search alternative locations and will keep you informed about the outcome of your request.
- The Library has a guide to help support University staff and students working remotely during this time. The guide includes information about the material publishers have made openly available as well as accessing support and resources from Library search.
- Library staff will be available to provide help and support remotely through the online chat service and email: email@example.com.
We will do all we can to support you in your studies, research and teaching. Please get in touch and let us know how we can help.