Library services and spaces through December and January
Image by Gayle McIntyre
The Library will close for a short time over the winter vacation period. The current plans are that all Library spaces and services will be closed from Friday 25 December until Sunday 27 December inclusive, and then from Friday 1 January until Sunday 3 January, inclusive. You will be able to book study space within the Main Library and Martyrs on the days between these closures, so on Monday 28 through to Thursday 31 December slots will be available from 9am until 12.30pm and then from 1pm until 4.30pm. No other services will be available on these four days.
Below outlines the services and spaces available during the vacation:
Changes to bookable spaces
- From 18 December, the Library will no longer be able to offer the evening slot (from 5pm until 8.30pm) for booked spaces in the Main Library or Martyrs Kirk. You will still be able to book a space from 9am until 12.30pm and also from 1pm until 4.30pm. The evening slot will become available again on Monday 25 January, when semester begins.
- There is no longer a cap on bookable study sessions. The 3 sessions limit has been lifted.
- The Libraries will be closed from 25-27 December and 1-3 January, so no spaces can be booked during these dates.
- The Libraries will open on Monday 28 through to Thursday 31 December, and after the final closure will reopen on Monday 4 January, where morning and afternoon slots will again be bookable.
- Remember, you can book one hour in advance and please cancel any bookings you no longer want.
Changes to Click and Collect and request a scan
- You will be able to collect Click and Collect items up to and including 23 December, but the last opportunity to make a new request will be Tuesday 22 December.
- Click and Collect requests can again be made from Tuesday 5 January, with items available for collection from Wednesday 6 January.
- You will be able to request scans through Library search until Tuesday 22 December, and after the break this service will resume on Tuesday 5 January.
Changes to drop-in study space
- St Marys and King James Libraries, Library at the Gateway and JF Allen Library, will close at 5pm on Friday 18th December and will reopen on Monday 25th January.
All services and spaces available in semester one will again be open and available from Monday 25 January.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.