How to use Click and Collect
Below is a short ‘how to’ for Click and Collect. This service allows the Library to provide access to print material and physical items, while it isn’t possible for students and staff to browse the shelves. In order to limit travel and unnecessary journeys, we ask that you only use this service for essential items and that you check if the item you need has already been scanned, has an online version, or if there is an alternative digital item you can use.
- Use Library search to find what you need. Only use Click & Collect for essential items not available in any other way.
- Check reading lists to make sure the item is not available digitally. Use the ‘e-resources’ or ‘e-books’ limit on Library search for online alternatives.
- Wait for an email telling you the items are ready. Collect between 12noon and 4pm, 7 days.
- Come to the Main Library, follow the signs to queue and wait outside the entrance.
- Always maintain physical distancing.
- Use the hand sanitiser, available by the door, before coming forward to the Library entrance.
- At the Library entrance, hold your ID card up to the glass, for Library staff to scan.
- Library staff will let you know when to take your items from the trolley outside.
If you have any questions or if there are problems accessing resources or sourcing alternatives, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use Library chat (available 9am to 9pm, Monday until Friday and then 11am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday).