Study space update week beginning 26 April
Students working socially distanced in Main Library
Updates for this week
- Drop-in study spaces are now available across several University buildings.
- The Main Library’s levels 3 and 4 are open for bookable study sessions.
- Evening study sessions have been added 7 days a week for: Main Library (all levels – 5.30pm to 9pm), Martyrs (5pm-8.30pm) and King James/St Mary’s College Library (5pm-8pm).
- You can now book up to 7 days in advance for each session.
- Bookable slots are now released between 8.15am and 8.30am daily, rather than at midnight (remember the 7 day advance notice, so for example spaces released on 26 April are for 3 May).
- Please remember to wear your face mask at all times and observe social distancing, when you are in University buildings.
Current space up to 26 April
- Spaces can be booked in seven buildings (Main Library; Gateway; St Mary’s College & King James Library; JF Allen Library; Old Burgh School; Martyrs Kirk; Arts Building).
- 3,911 study space sessions available in up to 26 April (3,211 available to all students, 700 postgraduates only).
- 77% of these booked spaces were used last week (people didn’t turn up for 23% of spaces).
We look forward to being able to welcome you back to more spaces soon. We miss you and as soon as restrictions are modified and we are able to offer more options in different buildings, we will open these for you.
- limited access for browsing the library, recommended pre-booked only – emphasis on click and collect where possible
- limited access for PC booking, recommended pre-booked only
- limited access to study spaces, recommended pre-booked only
Study spaces should only be used where there is an essential need and there is no alternative.
Image by Gayle McIntyre, © The University of St Andrews.