Study space update week beginning 10 May
Students working socially distanced in Main Library
Updates for this week
- Drop-in study spaces are available across several University buildings. Some buildings are being used for exams, so please do check the webpage for information.
- 29% of students are still not turning up for the sessions they have booked, please remember to cancel using the link in your booking confirmation email, if you can’t make it in.
- Please remember to wear your face mask at all times and observe social distancing, when you are in University buildings.
Current space up to 10 May
- Spaces can be booked in seven buildings (Main Library; Gateway; St Mary’s College & King James Library; JF Allen Library; Old Burgh School; Martyrs Kirk; Arts Building).
- 6,407 study space sessions available up to 10 May (5,595 available to all students, 812 postgraduates only).
- 71% of these booked spaces were used last week (people didn’t turn up for 29% of spaces).
We look forward to being able to welcome you back to more spaces soon. We miss you and as soon as restrictions are modified and we are able to offer more options in different buildings, we will open these for you.
- limited access for browsing the library, recommended pre-booked only – emphasis on click and collect where possible
- limited access for PC booking, recommended pre-booked only
- limited access to study spaces, recommended pre-booked only
Study spaces should only be used where there is an essential need and there is no alternative.
Image by Gayle McIntyre, © The University of St Andrews.